Monday, February 11, 2013

Well Hello, Stranger!

Hi Everyone,
Well, not sure what to say...other than, life got in the way.  But I'm trying to create a little "me" time, at least a few times a week, to write...because I enjoy it.  I can't tell you how many times over the last few months I've said to myself...I want to blog about this or that...so I've put the ideas in a little notebook for "someday".  
Today, I've cancelled my whopping 2 appointments to get caught up on paperwork and was organizing some things around the house since we have company flying in tonight from Toronto, when I thought to myself, "Self...you should take just 1 (or 5) minutes to blog about dinner tonight....it is Menu Monday after all, and while I don't have a complete menu for you today..this dinner can be made in about the time it has taken me to write this last paragraph.  Its perfect for a busy night and was a staple in my house growing up.  I'm not sure where my Mom got it originally, but its total comfort food for me.  
Here are the ingredients in their entirety:



Linguine with Garlic and Clam Sauce:

You need:  16 oz long pasta
                  4 6 1/2 oz cans of minced/chopped clams (buy these at Walmart peeps, they 
                                                                                     are  WAY cheaper there than 
                                                                                     ANYWHERE else!)
                  4 T butter/oil
                  8 (yes 8) cloves of minced garlic
                  1/2 C dried parsley
                  16 T parmesan (I don't know why I've never looked for the conversion of this
                                            into cups, I always just scoop it T by T).
                 
Boil and cook 1 lb of noodles (spaghetti, fettucine, linguine..whatever floats your boat, or better yet, whatever is in your pantry).
In a small saucepan (and while your pasta is cooking), melt butter or oil with garlic.  After a couple of minutes, add the clam JUICE and parsley.  Let come to just barely a boil.  Add the clams.  Dump in your pasta and mix well.  Add cheese and mix again.  

Serve with Ceasar salad and Garlic Bread....this is totally company-worthy and will make your house smell amazing!!!

See the paper in the picture??  That's the original paper I copied the recipe down on in 2005 (when I was in grad school).  I know it was 2005 because its a piece of paper torn off of one of those day by day calendars!

Anyway, its a busy Spring coming up.  I'm hoping to be on here more regularly.  Hope you are all well!!!

XOXO~Bean

2 comments:

  1. Yum - reminds me of The Old Spaghetti Factory since I'd always order the clam sauce! :)

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete