Thursday, May 17, 2012

What is that, anyway??

Happy Thursday, Folks!

I love quirky.  Quirky people, quirky clothes, quirky places...the quirk factor makes life so much more fun and interesting!   Last year, while putting a sun room (office) onto our home, I was looking for unusual decorations/functional storage.  The Teacher brought this home:

"What is it?" you ask?  Its an old test tube holder (probably it has a technical name but I don't know it).  He found it in his classroom in a forgotten box.  I was very excited since I thought it would make a great and fun pen holder.   I cleaned it off but kept it brown for a rustic touch to the table where it sat.  Cute?  Yes.  Functional??  Not so much.  Pens kept sliding out and it wasn't easy to move because the pens were so loose.  I was bummed and put it away for a while, but kept coming back to it in my mind. Surely, I could think of something to use it for!  Then, while hanging my necklaces on a tie rack that I hung up on a wall near my closet, inspiration hit!!!  

So I sprayed it:

And did this:

The top holes provide the perfect place for hanging bracelets and the bottom was ideal for stacking rings!  I'm still considering hanging it (so that the rings are on top and bracelets hang below) beneath my necklaces but am not ready to commit yet.  Now I can see what I have..and its kinda fun right??  

What's the quirkiest/most unusual item that you've re-purposed for a new use??  Tell me tell me!  I've got an old muffin tin that I'm looking to re-purpose into something fun...any suggestions????

~Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment