Monday, September 10, 2012

Whoa...Stop the Presses!

Hi Again!
Yes, it is still Monday and YES!  I'm posting TWICE.IN.ONE.DAY!  Just in case you missed me.  ;)
Mondays are the days I work from home...which of course means I waste a lot of time messing around since it means that in addition to my paperwork, it is also bathroom cleaning, laundry and basically-try-to-fit-a-week's-worth-of-chores-into-one day.  Unfortunately, I'm a little ADHD and tend to bounce around from one task to the next.  

Today, while cleaning the bathroom, I found an old baby wipes box.  Also today, I used the last of one of my favorite teas and was left with a cute little tin.  I'm a bit of a hoarder of reusable containers so I often put random containers (like the plastic wipes container and cute little tin) away for future use. 

Here are said containers:


Since I was supposed to be doing either: paperwork, laundry or bathroom chores, I was naturally reorganizing a pantry shelf (makes sense, right??)  While wrestling with boxes and boxes of ziploc baggies, opened bags of straws and other random pantry items, I had an epiphany!  ding ding ding! 

Rather than actually getting back to the work I SHOULD have been doing, I quickly pulled out my paper cutter, scrap paper and modge-podge.  And I made these:


Here they are in their new home:

 What do you think of my new straw holder and ziploc bag dispenser?  These are quart size in this box...you can be sure I'll be hitting up all my friends with babies for a couple more of these puppies....I need one for snack and sandwich sized bags!  By the way..that is a cardboard magazine holder holding the plastic wrap, tin foil etc.  

I'm a happy girl.  I just love finding new uses for old things.....but can you guess what I should ACTUALLY be doing right now??  (I'll give you a hint:  I did NOT originally open my computer to write another post....oops!!)

Hope your Monday was more productive than mine!  

~Bean



No comments:

Post a Comment