Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Trash to Treasure!

Good Morning All!
As we were going through my Mo's things last month, we were trying to consolidate all of the pictures she'd accumulated over the course of her life.  She had this gigantic curio cabinet that was stuffed FULL of framed pictures of her family over the years.  We decided to take all the pictures out and are going to send them to their respective members of the family and ended up with a giant pile of frames left over.  Most of them were delegated to the Good-Will pile for donation, but I did snag these beauties:

Now, gold-leaf isn't exactly my style, so in comes a can of spray paint...and voila!
Much better, don't you think??  These are my nieces and an older family pic..aren't they pretty??  I have several more frames and am planning a little collage wall in our hallway.  
I love what a simple can of spray paint can do...this one had a primer included and was specifically for metal.  I have another little spray paint project in the works for later!

Happy Hump Day, Everyone!
~Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment