Friday, February 3, 2012

Camping Party Preparations

Good Morning!
This day is a-busy with party preparations!  Diddle is turning 8 next week (yikes!!) and this year, he decided to forgo the big class party and, instead, chose 3 friends to spend the night.  Soo, right after school today, I'm taking 4 boys bowling, then to this awesome diner near our house for hotdogs, followed by a viewing of Ernest Goes to Camp and a camping inspired sleep over.   We are going to set the tent up in the living room and let them go wild (well, not too wild I hope).  Here are a few pics of some of the prep I've done so far...will post more pics of the final set up and celebration later this weekend.  
Some camping inspired snacks: 

The S'mores mix on the left is simply: Golden Graham cereal, chocolate chips and mini-marshmellows.  "Bait" (in the middle) is gummy worms and swedish fish.  Twigs and Berries on the right is a combo of:  pretzel sticks, dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.

Wouldn't want them to get dehydrated:

 I got these aluminum water bottles (BPA Free!) from the Dollar Store, of all places.  I personalized them with some stickers (had I been looking for longevity here I'd have used vinyl..but hey, they can do what they want with them after the party!).  

And finally, rather than serving a Birthday cake, I thought it would be fun to make them eat dirt instead:


Now, I'm not thrilled with this presentation...I looked everywhere for little metal buckets or something more fun..but it must be too early in the season for that because my local retailers are not carrying that stuff yet....now NEXT week, they'll be everywhere..and I will be a little miffed!!!

I think we'll also fire up the fire pit and make some s'mores (just in case they haven't had enough sugar).  Yipee!

Anyway, on a side note...my next door neighbor's teenage son has started taking trumpet lessons...ooof.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
~Bean

2 comments: