Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

Our school is considered a "healthy" school and, along with the class list,  sends out notices to "please provide only healthy treats, i.e., no candy, per our school's healthy snacks policy" with valentines. 

What??? 

No sugary conversation hearts??

No yummy yummy cupcakes at the party??? 

No heart shaped lollipops??? 

WHAT IS A MOM TO DO???? 

Last year, I blew it off and...gasp!...sent out little bags of Fun Dip.  This year, however, out of respect and out of the fundamental need in me to not.break.the.rules, (nerd alert!) I came up with this...

 

 I stapled the boys' valentines to snack sized bags filled with a combination of: mini "hug" shaped pretzels, dried cranberries, strawberry yogurt covered cheerios and...white chocolate chips ( I couldn't resist a little something sweet...what is Valentine's Day without a little chocolate after all??)  I know, I'm a total rebel!

The kids seemed to love them....I felt good about following the rules...but guess what??  I was pretty excited this afternoon to see a bag or two of conversation hearts come home (yeehaw!!)  The best gift ever though?? NO HOMEWORK THIS WEEK!!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!
xoxo
~Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment