Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello There..an Introduction

Hi there! 
My name is Bean...and this is The Pastiche Puggle.  To be quite honest, it was really difficult to come up with a name for this blog that a) made sense to me; b) reflected what, I think, the nature of this blog will be; and c) wasn't already taken!  I have many interests and a (kind of) short attention span so this little piece of the blog-o-sphere will serve as my place to explore different things, thus the "pastiche".  Additionally, it will give me a place to post some pictures of my family in order to update members of our extended and far away family who are (gasp!!) not.on.facebook!!!! ;)  And now, introducing:  

The Cast of Characters:

The Bean:  (That's me..yes, in my pajamas)

The Teacher:  That would be my husband.  Interests include:  Hockey (he's from Canada after all!), Beer (again, he's from Canada), DIY projects (thank GOD), Science-y stuff (he's a Biology teacher after all), and our children (hands down the best.dad.ever)  We are 10 years married and the poor man is subject, each and every day, to the whims of my fancy.  Poor.Poor.Man 

The Diddle:  7 (almost 8!!) year old soccer star, running machine and all around super kid.

The Nugget:  4 (almost 5!!) year old sensitive soul, with a penchant for dance parties and snuggling.

TimBit:  The Puggle...who, ironically, is a bit of a "pastiche" (aka; hodgepodge) in her own right.  

Here are some things you should know about me:
  • I use a LOT of exclamation points...and yes, its how I talk too.
  • I have a tendency of making up my own words...I'm a Speech-Language Pathologist in my work life so have a passion for words and language..not to mention kids with special needs...you can bet there will be posts related to this.
  • I'm in constant battle with the scale...grrr....I'm hoping that this blog might help hold me accountable...so I can finally be skinny, um...healthy ;)
  • I'm a bit of a control freak...which will explain why some of these posts will relate to organizing...life, clutter..you name it.  
  • In my fantasy life I am the host of my own HGTV show...trying to make things beautiful and homey on a budget!

Alrighty...enough of that.  We will have plenty of time to get to know each other this year.  Stay tuned tomorrow for Meal Time Monday
...until then, I leave you with these gems*...
* btw, I totally got this idea from something I saw on Pinterest!
See you tomorrow!
~Bean 


1 comment:

  1. Yay! Welcome to the blogosphere!

    Looking forward to reading your stuff.

    p.s. LOVE the background design! Where did you find that?

    xo,
    VW

    ReplyDelete